Monday, June 22, 2020

The otherside of Lockdown

What we have just experienced over the past few months, would ordinarily have been subject matter for a sci-fi film, but we have all just gone through it, and to say we are the other side or not I don't know. I am however trying to bring back normality, trying to hark back to a time before. A time which we now call normal. To do this I have started buying Lego again, seemed one heck of an extravagance if I wasn't earning any money so it is why I paused buying Lego. I now work from home, and today my wife goes back to work (how long for we will shortly find out as my wife is right terrified of having to do her job face to face). If all goes well though we will be a giant step forward towards normal.

We do as humans enjoy being normal, or at least don't want to be seen as abnormal. Now you could say a grown man in his 40s wanting to build a football stadium out of Lego isn't completely normal but it does help when you find out you are not the only one. Some have done it before by building all 92 football stadiums, some like me are just going to be building a Lego stadium to their own design or simply like building with Lego.

So if you find yourself on Twitter feel free to follow

@brickstand @CCFC_jules @studdersfield @interlockingfc @BusesLego

You can't go far wrong. a selection of accounts from folks who been in the media thanks to their skill of Lego building to enthusiasts who like me love Lego.

Now what are the plans, well I will talk about the actual build in the future, but first I need somewhere to put it all. as you will see from the tweet below. The stadium is split between two rooms, it has been put away and then brought out for photos then put back again. I would really like to have it out on display, if to stop me worrying about dropping it one time with all the moving about, and to actually enjoy it. 

So the garage has been designated, but as you will see from the photos. It needs some clearing, things are put away with the sole purpose of they will be useful at some point, but if they haven't been used in years, is time to let go? We have had a pair of ladders which have been used once in 12 years and not even by me. The project for the forseeable will not just be about the build but where it will be located. I will keep you updated and thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment