Thursday, August 6, 2020

Close encounters of the £10k kind

Yesterday I had another splurge on Lego bricks, which means I have around 2,000 lego bricks coming from various orders. Arches to complete the facade of the new stands, filler bricks in blue, white for facing the standing areas and 95 tan base plates to help build the base for the executive boxes which is then roof to the boxes and base for the 2nd tier. I think I have broken well into the budget for this project.

But why this project? I have touched upon it before, I really do feel as though I am building something much like the mountain from close encounters.
--
Image
--
I have in life gone with gut feeling, I have always lived as the happy idiot, simply falling feet first into each situation, not sure how I got there but only to find it was just the thing I needed. This is how I feel about building the Lego stadium, no real idea as to why I am doing it, but going with the flow. I am not spending money we don't have, as this is why I stopped in Lock down and not to say that Lego is like gold, but Lego does hold it's value, people always collect it, bricks do become rare. Although the bricks I am buying are mostly standard ones they are the filler that everyone needs. So if the time came to sell, I would get at a good proportion of the money spent, if not all of it back. You can't say that for a lot of things in life.

Image
--

As you can see above, why not do a bit of self promotion whilst also buying that lottery ticket style chance of someone actually paying ten grand, to some folks, ten grand is pocket money on a night out, for me and my lass it would mean our lass could retire or at least cut down a lot of her hours.

In the stadiums current form it shouldn't even have a 13 million to one chance, but when I have circled the pitch, and have the first level complete, who knows. It only takes one person with nothing better to do with ten grand, and both of us are happy, they have a lego stadium, I have ten grand.

More than likely I will just end up with a very tanned face, but if you don't give it a go who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment