Thursday, August 20, 2020

Quadruple Nelson and the joke.

David Shepherd used to stand on one leg when ever the cricket score for a team or a player was at 111 or multiples there of. One of those superstitions, and like most the story was always a bit fanciful, no hard and fast facts but it made for a little bit of entertainment to see the umpire on one leg, I wonder if a batting team has thought we will play this out for a little while and see how long he can stand like this and not bother to get a run? 

BBC Sport Academy | Cricket | Rules | Umpire signals | Quirks

--

Anyway the stadium has now reached a capacity of 1,111 and yes I am fully aware not a multiple of 111 but you can see the similarities so lets run with it. It also gave me the opportunity to go back into my memories of cricket, so not all bad.

Now for the Joke.

GROUCHO (to woman seated next to him at an elegant dinner party): Would you sleep with me for ten million dollars?

WOMAN (giggles and responds): Oh, Groucho, of course I would.

GROUCHO; How about doing it for fifteen dollars?

WOMAN (indignant): Why, what do you think I am?

GROUCHO: That’s already been established. Now we’re just haggling about the price.

--

This is what is happening with the sale of #MyLegoStadium on ebay, Would someone pay £10,000, I doubt it, but if they did I would sell. We all have our price it is just the haggling, If someone can pay millions for a painted blue square canvass in the name of art, I am sure someone has 10 grand to give me for a collection of Lego bricks which I have built into a stadium.

I am actually awaiting an offer. It won't be the ten grand, but at least it will be the starting point as to where I can be indignant.

Thanks for reading, I have a Lego football stadium to relist on ebay.

Image

--

Image

--

Image

--

Image

No comments:

Post a Comment