Monday, February 17, 2020

Lego and mental health

That's heavy man, was my thoughts as I wrote the header "Lego and mental health." I have sat down a few times with the tweet post below to say how I was getting on with the build, and I simply couldn't put into words my thoughts. It was not going to be anything heavy in itself just me blabbering on about how I like building with the bricks. It is that process itself of building which has helped my mental health just lately.

I think we all think too much at times, We all try to think about what other folks are thinking about, and ultimately what they think of us. Lego gives your mind something else to think about, you don't need to be as daft as me and try and build a Lego stadium, but may I suggest just the process of building something whether it be the most simplest structure or complex design. Just let your mind drift, take yourself away somewhere else.

So, there you go, I said it "I struggle with mental health but Lego is one part of the process to keep me right"

Now I have a few updates to post about my stadium, but we have the decorators in, not a euphemism, we literally do have the decorators in, so when everything is straight I will get some more up to date photos done for the Stadium as it is so far. I also have a couple of unopened Lego boxes from purchases on line, so have all the excitement of a child at Christmas when I get chance to get into my Lego room. My wife understands me far more than I do myself, I am just glad she puts up with/enjoys the inner child whom drives along with such whims.

Thanks for reading, more updates to come and not as serious.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment