Sunday, March 22, 2020

When tinkering leads to more tinkering

I do love to have a good tinker, I normally do it before I go ahead with the actual build, a dry run. For quite a while it has been on my list of to dos to get the access sorted to the second tier. This main stand was the first part of my build, it was meant to be simple seating, then directors box with seating above. I included the entrances from an actual Lego set. It then grew to 2 base plates of 48x48 which I put together, but all the time I had to sort access to the 2nd tier.

Today, I finally had a tinker, using recently acquired bricks, it looks okay. ( I never think anything is perfect) but I had wanted to use 8x16 base plates which I have used to create floors and roofs on the directors box and corner stands and also saved a lot of bricks on the end stands I have been building, but they are thicker than the ground base plates, so the bricks would have been unlevel. This meant using some spare green base plates i had 16x16 stud. As you can see from the photos it has helped create the access, it has also given more seating. But is quite an extension, so left me thinking I really need to rebuild the whole stand, making the second tier go right across with no gaps.

So one bit of tinkering does indeed lead to another. It means I will have to build it over 3 (48x48) base plates. Not entirely sure how this will workout, I also don't want to ruin the very stand which started this all off. On a positive side though, it should free up a lot of white bricks, when I first started building I was quite naive to simply use white bricks for filling and on show, so by stripping it back I should be able to free them up and use the coloured bricks I have now as the filler.

This is a build I might tackle on Thursday, all depends on life and what it throws at us. As always I would love your thoughts and comments, feel free to share ideas, or links to your own lego builds.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment