Saturday, November 30, 2019

Not everything has to be on a base plate

You sometimes have to admit defeat, and not everything can work as you wish. I had thought of the stadium being set out on 3 row of 4 base plates (48x48) simply slotting together. But what about the corners? Well I spent a frustrating afternoon trying to make Lego go round corners and stay on the baseplate. It wouldn't have it.


So went to the method which you can see in the photo. It needs refining, and I have a 100 corner piece Lego bricks on order to help keep the edge as straight as possible. It did however have a happy side effect. It gave me an idea to create a stair well between the stands. it will also give access to the top stands. So everything happens for a reason.

Anyway, some red seats have arrived, so I am going off to build.

 --

No comments:

Post a Comment